Your privacy is important to us.
This Policy is GDPR compliant for EU visitors.
If you do not agree to the following policy you may wish to cease viewing / using this website, and or refrain from submitting your personal data to us.
Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Cerberus Security Laboratories Ltd.
- “Site” refers to the website www.cerberus-laboratories.com
- “you”, “your”, “User” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act applicable in the EU.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Key principles of GDPR:
a. Lawfulness, fairness and transparency; b. Purpose limitation; c. Data minimisation; d. Accuracy; e. Storage limitation; f. Integrity and confidence; g. Accountability.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows:
* the right to be informed; * the right of access; * the right to rectification; * the right to erasure; * the right to restrict processing; * the right to data portability; * the right to object; and * the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You can read more about your rights in detail here;
You also have the right to complain to the ICO if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
The information collected
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you visit our site, subscribe to the newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site.
You may visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us.
You can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about you whenever you interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include your browser name, the type of computer and technical information used by your computer to connect to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilised and other similar information.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases:
- To respond to any communications you send to us. This information may be collected from any correspondance you send to us, telephone calls that you make to us, or through any Site contact forms. This information may include your name, address, email address and phone number. This processing is necessary for the administration of our business and the provision of our services, which is necessary for the legitimate interests of our business.
- To send you our newsletter or marketing mails. This information contains your name and email address. This processing is necessary to allow us to provide you the information and is provided on the lawful basis of your consent. Your data will be help until you cancel your subscription to the material by following the provided link in the email or notify us directly that you no longer wish to receive them.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Web browser cookies
The Cookies that we use are: NONE
Email marketing messages and subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences, you can also unsubscribe from all MailChimp lists, by following this link, otherwise contact the EMS provider.
Our EMS provider is MailChimp. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system:
* Email address * I.P address * Subscription time & date
Third party websites
Users may find content on our Site that links to the sites and services of our partners and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Cerberus Security Laboratories Ltd Future Space, Bristol BS34 8RB United Kingdom. Website: www.cerberus-laboratories.com Telephone: +44(0)117 2140940 Email: email@example.com